For 2020-2021 Season, we are intending to organize Plein Air painting and will be advising members of locations when they are scheduled.
Many Guild members enjoy painting outdoors or “en plein air”. We find unique locations for our members to paint outdoors throughout the Upper Florida Keys usually on Wednesday or Thursday. Please note that this schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions or other Guild activities.
To participate – just sign up with the Plein Air Chairperson and receive weekly email notifications of the locations with other pertinent information.
We ask members to be respectful and courteous at all of our host locations. Our guidelines for attending are as follows:
- Open only to current AGPI members.
- Please wear your name tags which will identify you on-site as AGPI Members. See Members Only Tab for ordering information.
- Please park where we won’t be taking prime spots from paying customers at public locations and where we will not inconvenience the owners or neighbors at private locations. Carpool whenever possible.
- Plein Air painting sessions begin at 9:30 am until 3:00 pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Bring a bag lunch, any art material you may need including easel, chair and water.
- Please bring a bag for your own trash to take home with you. Even if trash receptacles are provided at private residences, DON’T USE THEM.
- When we paint at a location that sells food, we request that you buy your lunch there as a “Thank You” to the facility.